2) Double click the Make New Connection icon
3) In the Welcome to Dial-Up Networking window, click Next
4) In the Make New Connection window, type in ripconew for the name of the computer. This actually becomes the name of the connection.
5) Enter the phone number you were given from the callfinder then click Next.
6) Click Finish.
Configuring your Dial-up Connection (this is in the Dial-Up Networking folder)
1) Right Mouse Click on the ripconew icon and select Properties
2) A new window entitled ripconew will appear. Click the Server Types Tab
3) Select PPP: Internet, Windows NT Server, Windows 98 for the type of Dial-Up Server. The only check marked box should be TCP/IP. Click TCP/IP Settings...
Another window will open with the title TCP/IP Settings. Select Server assigned IP address and Server assigned name server addresses. Also, place a check in front of Use IP header compression and Use default gateway on remote network. Click OK. And click OK on the ripconew window to close it.
Connecting to ripconew
1) To connect to ripconew, double click the ripconew icon
2) For the Username enter your ripco username as "firstname.lastname@example.org" (no quotes) and enter your password.
3) Click Connect